Sweet Sam made her debut last Saturday, it’s been super quiet on the blog, because, well, baby snuggles. Stay tuned for our birth story, photos and how we’re adjusting to life with 4 kiddos. In the meantime, here’s an amazing recipe. No bake, lactation cookies. If you’re trying to boost your milk supply or just want a healthy energy boost and you have 5 minutes, these are for you!
No Bake lactation bites
- 1 cup oats (old fashioned or instant)*
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or other nut butter ( I used sunflower seed butter)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed (flaxmeal)*
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 tbs brewer’s yeast*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix all ingredients together
- Refrigerate for about a half hour
- Roll into bite-sized balls
- (Optional) Roll balls in coconut for a tasty twist and reduce the sticky mess on your hands!
- Store in an airtight container (I refrigerate them)
- You can pretty much substitute any of these ingredients to suit your dietary needs! Basically any dry for a dry or agave etc for the honey. I plan on using cranberries instead of chocolate chips next time.
- Brewers Yeast does have a bitter flavor (even the de-bittered varieties) You may use less to suit your taste. This will also depend on the brand you use.